1.Valid Commercial Drivers (CDL) Class B.
2.Completion of system's training program.
3.Safe driving record with a minimum of 5 years experience.
4.Successfully pass the State School Bus Drivers Physical and the US DOT's required Drug and Alcohol Tests.
5.Such Alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
6. Complete the following physical task in case of an emergency evacuation is needed.
7. Move from the front to the rear of the bus, sit down and slide out within 20 seconds.
8. Go in and out of the front door 5 times within 20 seconds.
9. Have the physical strength to move a 50 pound manikin over the seats and out the back door within 45 seconds.
10. Effectively move a manikin from a bus seat to the floor and to the rear of the bus in 40 seconds.
11. Effectively communicate with students to insure an understanding how important their safety is, not just the rules on the bus.