Bus Drivers - Substitute
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Age 21 years or older
- Must possess or obtain an Ohio Class B Commercial Driver's License with a School Bus and Passenger endorsement
- Excellent driving record
- Pass a criminal background check by Ohio BCII and FBI
- Pass random drug and alcohol testing
- Strong emphasis on safety
- Highly dependable, good attendance and work ethic
- Previous experience working with children desirable
When a regular driver is not available, a substitute bus driver will drive school buses to transport students to and from school or to provide transportation for student field trips, athletics and other extra curricular activities.
Selected candidates are provided training necessary to obtain the required bus driver license. The paid training involves a minimum of 12 hours. Sub drivers who demonstrate outstanding work performance are given strong consideration for permanent positions.
Flexible hours. Availability to work afternoon / evening hours is a plus
It is typical for subs to average up to 20 hours a week if they are regularly available to work.
RATE OF PAY: $15.75 per hour