Lifeguard & Swim Instructors - Training Provided - Hiring for Weekday Daytime shifts - Various days / shifts available!
Pay Rate : $10.00 per hour
Part-time, at will positions with a variety of flexible shifts available -7 days per week. Training and CPR Certification provided at no cost!
Under the direction of the Pool Supervisor, and of the Pool Manager, Lifeguard & Swim Instructors are responsible for watching their assigned zone according to the 10/20 rule of protection. Lifeguard & Swim Instructors are responsible for keeping their rescue skills at test-ready levels at all times on duty. Lifeguard & Swim Instructors are also responsible for organizing and teaching swimming to children of various ages.
Flexible shifts available to accommodate interested candidates. Lifeguards/Swim Instructors can work the summers or year-round in our indoor Park Place Recreation Center Pool.
Please note your availability when applying, we do our best to accommodate!
- Minimum 15 years old
- Must be able to retrieve a 10 lb. brick from the bottom of the pool, and swim back to the side of the pool
- Must be able to swim 200 yards
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Must be at least 15years old
- Must be a responsible individual.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with participants, the parents and their supervisor.
- Must be able to swim efficiently.
- All lifeguard positions are contingent upon completion of the StarGuard Lifeguarding program and maintaining a certification as a lifeguard.
- Must be CPR certified within six (6) months of hiring. Certification opportunities provided by the Park District at no cost.
TARGET HIRING RANGE: Hourly rate based on Qualifications
BENEFITS WE OFFER
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Fit Pass, Punch Card and program discounts
- Free fitness membership
- Program discounts for immediate family members
- District reimbursement for approved workshops and trainings
- Facility rental discounts
- Advance registration for preschool, day camp or After School Club
The Streamwood Park District is an equal opportunity employer.