Position Title: Michigan Certified Teacher/Relationship Manager
Reports to: Director
Location: Varies based on openings - This position reports to the learning center five days per week.
The primary function of the on-site virtual education teacher is to foster learning for all students enrolled at that location. The teacher’s job is to develop meaningful relationships with Success students and motivate all students to be successful in their coursework.
At Success VLC, We Inspire Hope.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. Working at Success VLC is truly a mission of hope. There are incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. Our values and our mission unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. Together…we provide innovative educational opportunities that inspire hope and lifelong achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Teacher duties may include, but are not limited to, grading assignments and tests, tutoring students, managing the progress report, and staying in contact with students in the
program. Must be efficient with Google Docs. Teachers will be charge of a weekly progress report, metric reports, and reports to the Center Director.
- Success Virtual Learning Teachers are the first point of contact for all students. Teachers are the main motivational coaches for their caseload of students.
- Grading all student assignments and tests.
- Tutoring students both in person and virtually.
- Having multiple conversations with students each week; especially students that choose not to attend the learning center.
- Teachers are the primary staff members to institute student academic behavior plans and all academic interventions. Teachers are to guide all paraprofessionals in implementing behavioral plans.
- Assist Center Directors as necessary.
- Teachers enroll all prospective students. Teachers must be strong customer service leaders for students, families and community members.
- Facilitate training on all software and online programs for new students. Design, lead, and institute all student orientations for successful learning with Success VLC.
- Be an active participate in all professional development sessions and in-service learning opportunities and objectives. Training sessions may require overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as required.
Secondary Education Teacher certification; Math, Science, or Special Education preferred, but not required.
- Valid State of Michigan Teacher Certification Granted by the Professional Teaching Standards Board.
- Appropriate certification in Secondary Integrated Science (DI or DX) or Secondary Mathematics (EX) or Special Education K-12 Endorsement preferred. – meeting Highly Qualified Teacher requirements.
- Experience and training which provide the following abilities, skills and knowledge:
- Experience/skills with computer and computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and student management systems.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with self-direction in a timely manner.
- Excellent English and grammar skills, proofreading skills, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively operate various systems and office equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of technology in both instructional and operational settings.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills including the ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communications.
- Must exhibit a pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff and community members. Evidence of ability to establish working relationships that result in mutual respect.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must be proficient in Google Applications. Ie: mail and docs
- Teacher applicant must be a self-starter, and independent thinker. It is essential in this position that the candidate is a very strong problem solver. This position requires the teacher to make decisions without being directed to do so.
All interested persons must contact Human Resources Director, Frank Sebastian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and contact information