Substitite Bus Driver
Title: Substitute School Bus Driver
Under the general supervision of the Director of Transportation, to ensure the safe transportation of students, staff, and others to and from school, residential neighborhoods, and field trips.
- Safely drives a school bus on days when school is in session over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading students at designated locations.
- Inspects assigned bus on a daily basis pre and post transporting of passengers to ensure that bus is in good, clean and safe working order.
- Cleans bus as needed.
- Reports all mechanical deficiencies, traffic violations, or accidents, promptly.
- Maintains order and discipline in an effective and courteous manner among students being transported in accordance with district policies and procedures; reports any incidents involving student discipline.
- Observes and tracks route timing, such as total time en-route, time between stops, loading and unloading times or any other requested information for the purpose of establishing route efficiency, as requested.
- Maintains and submits records and reports as required.
- Follows procedures to ensure that no child is left alone on bus without adult supervision at any time, and that all children have departed bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, evening and during field trips or other special trips).
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to written and practiced procedures, ensures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written report as required.
- Attends and participates in trainings, and other continuing education, career and professional development opportunities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License.
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), class B with Passenger and School Bus endorsement.