As a Spanish teacher you will be an advisor and a facilitator, provide targeted small-group instruction, directly coach students as they work with online learning tools along individual learning pathways, and collaborate with peers to ensure high levels of student achievement.
Certified by the State of New Jersey to teach Spanish.
- Teaching experience in urban or low income setting
- Effectively analyzes student data to improve achievement
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced changing environment
- Define goals and objectives for unit and daily plans.
- Select, develop, modify and/or adapt materials and resources which support learning objectives and address students’ varying learning styles, backgrounds and special needs.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Maintain academic focus by using a variety of motivational techniques.
- Establish and use behavior management techniques which are appropriate and effective.
- Establish routines and procedures and work with students on consistently following them.
- Maintain instructional momentum with smooth and efficient transitions from one activity to another.
- Establish and maintain efficient record keeping procedures.
- Manage time effectively.
- Collaborate with students, parents, school staff and other appropriate persons to assist in meeting student needs.
- Provide accurate and timely information to parents and students about academic and behavioral performance of students.