High School Math Teacher
We are currently interviewing individuals interested in full time High School Mathteaching positions available for the 2017-2018 school year within our network. We are looking for highly motivated and mission driven teachers talented in various teaching areas to educate our scholars. Candidates must have dual certification. These positions are located in Akron/Cleveland, Ohio.
About our schools
The mission is to prepare students for a college preparatory high school that ensures acceptance and graduation from a four year college and/or university. We are dedicated to providing all students with an education that supersedes standards of excellence. To learn about more, visit us on the web at www.icanschools.org.
Being a teacher for our schools is incredibly rewarding and requires candidates to possess an extraordinarily strong work ethic. A teacher can expect to work extended hours, create and sustain a quality learning environment where high academic and behavioral expectations are the norm, achieve high test scores, and be a healthy addition to our adult learning communities. We are seeking teachers who will "sweat the small stuff" and have a "no excuses" attitude. Teachers will be expected to do "whatever it takes" to close the achievement gap. Teachers must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where accountability and high expectations are upheld at all times. Teachers must possess a philosophy that 100% of our students will attend and graduate from a four year college and/or university.
• Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
• Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
• Remain highly organized and meets deadlines 100% of the time
• Create intentional lesson plans that support academic rigor and student engagement
• Be relentless, serious and focused
• Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
• Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
• Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree is preferred
• Minimum of one year teaching experience in an urban public or charter school setting preferred, but not required
• Valid State Certification is required
• Belief in and alignment with mission and vision is non-negotiable.
• All Pre K- 3 Teachers must meet the requirements of Ohio HB 555 -- The Third Grade Guarantee
We offer an exceptional benefit package to all full time employees through Aetna Insurance that include, medical, dental and vision. This package is one of the most competitive benefit packages offered to employees in the Akron/Cleveland area. Employees participate in Ohio STRS (State Teachers Retirement System). Additionally, the school pays a 14% contribution to STRS and employees contribute a minimal 14%. The salary is competitive and ranked above most high performing charter schools in the State of Ohio.
The schools boast meticulously clean buildings, intentionally placed print, and an extremely safe teaching environment. All classroom teachers are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, a network wide email account, high-speed internet access, and all necessary teaching supplies. Buildings are Wi-Fi accessible for use with all mobile devices.
Bonus Opportunities and Extras
We offer a stipend for teaching Saturday School and summer student recruitment. In addition to that, teachers have the opportunity of earning a yearly bonus through a teacher referral program. The school also has many opportunities for athletic coaching in the areas of basketball, track, cheerleading, and volleyball.
The schools value its employees by providing meaningful and intentional administrative coaching dedicated to transforming teachers into master educators. We builds and maintains a professional and healthy adult learning community by entertaining several social events throughout the school year, hosting school retreats, and presents teacher of the year for each campus.
To Apply Visit http://www.icanschools.org/employment