Speech & Language Pathology Aide for Special Education Early Start Program- Internal
POSITION SUMMARY: An extended year special education program will be held during the summer. This program is for special education students whose educational progress would be irreparably diminished and for whom serious regression and/or educational harm would result if a summer school program were not provided. This position will be at various school sites.
- NCLB requirement of Associate Degree/60 college credits or successful passing of the Para-Pro Exam.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students with special needs, such as physical impairments, emotional disabilities, and behavioral challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Must have own transportation due that assignments may vary on a daily basis.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Salary and Terms of Employment: Candidates must work the entire program with no deviation (no holidays, vacation, or sick leave during this scheduled program period). Pay rate is $19.45 an hour. Location and hours of employment are subject to change based on student enrollment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal applicants must submit an online application. To apply, go to http://www.applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/ Or, go to www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link, under “Summer School”.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D