Child Development Associate (CDA) – Summer School- Internal
This summer school position is for Child Development Associates to work in a fully inclusive Pre-K along with a Special Education Teacher with students ages 3 & 4 who are typically developing and those with special education needs whose educational progress would be irreparably diminished, and for whom serious and/or educational harm would result if a summer program were not provided. Dates and times of employment are contingent on the individual school's summer program. School location will be determined based on student needs and enrollment.
1. Minimum a Child Development Associate Certificate credential or an Associates Degree in Early Childhood development or the equivalent required.
2. Experience with Pre-k work or in a related field preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse communities is essential.
5. Develop and maintain favorable relationships with administration, staff and parents.
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desirable.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Regular per-diem hourly rate based upon salary of individual selected. No holidays, vacation or sick leave during this scheduled program. Applicants who cannot work through the entire program due to scheduling conflicts should not apply. Location and hours of employment are subject to change based on student enrollment.
Hartford Federation of Child Development Associates.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal applicants must submit an online application.To apply, go to http://www.applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/ Or, go to www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link, under "Summer School".
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D