JobID 2496 : Temporary Safety Officer – Martin Luther King, Jr. School (#336938)
TEMPORARY FOR THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
POSITION: Temporary Safety Officer – Martin Luther King, Jr. School
REPORTS TO: Principal/Security Supervisor
Investigative public safety work involving the control, maintenance, and enforcement of laws and regulations governing the order and security of the City’s Public Schools. The position requires a close daily working relationship with other personnel. Work is performed under the supervision of the school principal or building administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass the state sanctioned standard Physical Fitness Test.
- Must have knowledge of issues related to school security.
- Must have knowledge of the safety and security needs of students, teachers and other school personnel.
- Prior Security experience preferred.
Must possess State Security Certification.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary in accordance with HFSSPO 2015-2016 schedule: $25,978-$36,803. 10 month (183 days) work year. Eight hours per day.
Hartford Federation of School Special Police Officers, Local 1018D, AFT, AFL-CIO.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D