Office Assistant – M.D. Fox School
POSITION: Office Assistant – M D Fox School
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: Perform clerical responsibilities of a confidential and responsible nature requiring knowledge of systems and procedures in a school environment
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED supplemented by business courses.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices where necessary.
- Ability to make basic arithmetical computations and speed and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of modern office procedures, practices and equipment, including Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook or whatever is applicable to the specific school.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Standard English grammar with correct spelling, punctuation and letter form.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in dealing with the public, students, and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff
- Ability to work and make decisions in accordance with rules, regulations and departmental policy and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Candidate must successfully complete testing requirements.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary in accordance with Hartford Federation of School Secretaries, 2014-2015 Salary Grid (095-11): ($32,552-$43,689) Eleven month work year.
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Federation of School Secretaries (HFSS)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants must submit an online application.