Title: Instructional Assistant/Aide
Qualifications: Position requires working with PreK - Grade 3 students and may involve toilet training / diapers.
- High School diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Teacher Substitute or Paraprofessional licensure required.
- Experience with Preschool age students preferred.
- Involvement with Preschool for All program preferred.
- Spanish speaking / writing preferred
- Shall have computer skills and type with accuracy.
- Shall be able to respect and keep sensitive matters confidential.
- Shall be able to interact in a positive way with students, staff and parents and exhibit high level of patience.
- Shall demonstrate a joy for books, learning and working with children.
- Shall possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Prior to employment, all non-certified personnel must have a physical examination.
Reports to: Principal
Job Goal: To provide a well-organized, functioning environment in which teachers and students can take advantage of instructional resources.
- Maintains discipline and study skills as designated by the Principal.
- Circulates and assist students as directed by teachers, and other school personnel.
- Assist students and staff in selecting and using materials.
- Assist teachers with students during literacy/intervention time to include, small reading/writing/technology groups, recess, lunch, arrival and dismissal, etc.
- Performs light housekeeping duties of dusting shelves, sanitizing toys, keeping desks and/or tables cleaned and orderly manner, and keeping all storage areas and files neatly organized.
- Changes bulletin board (s) displays regularly and as requested by the teacher and/or the building Principal.
- Keeps all records and statistics, maintains all files and submits all reports as requested by the Principal and/or Administrators.
- Collaborate with the PreK secretary to ensure accuracy of student files and contact information.
- Reports needed to the Principal and/or appropriate person.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the building Principal.
Terms of Employment: Works the approved school calendar.
The Instructional Assistant is a 180-day employee (pro-rated due to late start).
Work hours are 8:00-3:00pm.
Salary by contract as approved by the Board of Education
Evaluation: Evaluated annually by the Principal and/or designee
Apply at www.fsd89.org