Special Education Teacher - Orland Park, IL
At AnthroMed Education we are currently partnered with a phenomenal Middle School near the Orland Park, IL area to support their search for a Special Education Teacher. This is an URGENT HIRE, starting ASAP for the 2020-2021 school year. We invite you to apply in seconds and an AnthroMed Representative will reach out within 24 hours!
Special Education Teacher - 7th Grade
Co-Teaching Resource Room & Self-Contained
Location: Orland Park, IL
This role is a blend of Resource Room, Self-Contained, and Co-Teaching environment. This Special Education Teacher will be supporting a small caseload of 7th-grade students, along with a Co-Teacher counterpart for the entire 2020-2021 school year.
AnthroMEd Education is a new and engaged provider of employment services to Special Education Teachers in Illinois. Our organization partners with both public and charter schools to provide Special Educators with full-time roles supporting pre-K – 12th-grade students for the 2020-2021 School Year. At AnthroMed Education you will be part of our expanding team of Special Education professionals focused on putting children first. We are proud to offer full 12-month salaries, benefits, PTO, Simple IRA Employer match and more!
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning
- Scheduling, planning and conducting individual education plan meetings
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services
- Collaborating with school stakeholders and community agencies providing supportive services for Special Education students
- Participating as an educational team member for the success of all students
- Participates in professional learning to increase skills and proficiency related to job responsibilities and serves on committees when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Professional Educator License with LBS1 endorsement required
- Previous experience in an elementary school setting is a plus!
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status.