School Psychologist - Flat Rock, MI
Job Title: School Psychologist
Location: Flat Rock, MI
AnthroMed Education is an employer of Special Education professionals dedicated to those in Special Education who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We’re conducting a search for a School Psychologist to support students at a wonderful Charter School for K-8th grade kiddos for the 2020-2021 school year.
We’re seeking a nurturing and supportive School Psychologist who wants to be part of an organization that puts Special Education first and seeks to make a difference in students’ lives. This School Psychologist must be able to work with students, families, and community agencies to promote the academic success for all students.
School Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Conducts comprehensive, psycho-educational evaluations which include review of records; formal testing/informal testing; observation of the student's functioning in the classroom and other settings to analyze learning and behavior difficulties; interviews with the student, teacher(s), administrators, and/or outside agencies
- Participates in the decision-making process to determine appropriate services for all students
- Conducts in-service training for school personnel, parents, and central office staff Updates and expands professional skills through participation in staff development programs, professional activities, workshops, and professional organizations
- Provides crisis intervention as needed
- Provides psychological services through the school, department, and school committees attending special education eligibility meetings, assisting with manifestation determinations and discipline reviews
School Psychologist Qualifications:
- Valid Michigan Department of Education Licensure
- Experience in the field of school psychology with school-age children (K-12)
- Knowledge of special programs, school policies and procedures related to Special Education services
- Demonstrated commitment to students’ wellbeing and learning
- Ability to connect with people from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
AnthroMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status.