Special Education Teacher - Kankakee, IL
We are currently seeking a fantastic Special Education Teacher in the Kankakee, IL area who will assume personal responsibility for their student’s achievement. At AnthroMed Education we value our Special Education Teachers and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in kiddos lives. Our organization partners with both public and charter schools to provide Special Educators with full-time roles supporting pre-K – 12th-grade students for the 2020-2021 School Year.
We encourage you to apply, and an AnthroMed Education Representative will reach out within 24 hours of receiving your resume. This role is moving FAST!
JOB TITLE: Special Education Teacher (Full Salary & Benefits)
LOCATION: Kankakee, IL
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER ROLE:
- Meet State of Illinois requirements for teaching including PEL and LBS1 endorsement
- Optimistic, motivated, and adaptable and team based and individual settings.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitor individual student progress.
- Uses technology to track student progress, prepare written reports, implement IEPs, and record progress.
- Implement varied instructional strategies (i.e. – direct instruction, reading/writing workshop, hand-on, project-based learning, modeling, graphic organizers, integrated content, jigsaw, journaling, learning centers, etc.).
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Establish, model and implement a classroom management system and structure for maintaining an environment conducive to learning of all students.
- Monitor and report student’s academic, behavioral, social and emotional progress.
- Responsible to facilitate staffing’s concerning Individual Education Plans, to confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers and others to develop IEPs.
- Prepares report cards, educational records, IEP procedures, data collection, behavior plans, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Evaluates student progress based on observations, data, and assessments, determines goals, objectives and directions.
- Actively participate with colleagues in school improvement activities, curriculum development, teaming, and collaboration.
- Interprets students' educational needs and progress to parents.
AnthroMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status.