During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|DISTRICT||Bedford City Schools|
|PAY RATE||95 Per Day/ 120 a day for building subs.|
|CLASSIFICATION||Part Time; On-call; 2020-2021 School Year|
|BENEFITS||Enrollment in State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)|
|HOW TO APPLY||Online: www.northcoastssa.org|
The North Coast Shared Services Alliance is proud to support Bedford City Schools for the recruitment of substitute teaching opportunities. Substitute teachers play an important role in our schools by stepping in to make sure that quality education, effective classroom management, and school policy and procedures continue in the absence of the assigned classroom teacher.
- Follows lesson plans.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Keeps students safe and engaged.
- Monitors student progress and assists where needed by keeping close proximity.
- Maintains existing classroom management and discipline procedures.
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures.
- Provides written feedback for the classroom teacher.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- Bachelor’s degree - any field.
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Experience working with school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- Ohio Department of Education Substitute Teacher License ($25), or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 365 days of hire (Cost varies per agency).
- Safe & Engaged Training (if applicable) – VIEW MORE
Benefits of Substitute Teaching
- Enrollment in State Teachers Retirement System (STRS).
- No nights, weekends or holidays.
- Consistent, but flexible, scheduling.
- Exposure to the Education field.
- Networking and professional references.