JobID 4403 : ESY Paraprofessional, Secondary (5-12) Special Education - Extended School Year (#1998575)
Secondary (5-12) Special Education Paraprofessional
Extended School Year (ESY)
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Time: 8:15 AM – 12:45 PM
Location: Westwood School (711 91st Ave. NE Blaine, MN 55434)
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 5,800 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning and creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
- assist licensed teaching staff in the implementation of a comprehensive educational Extended School Year (ESY) program;
- work in Special Education programs that serve students grades 5-12 with autism, developmental impairments, physical impairments, other health impairments, and behavioral disorders;
- participate as part of the program and help create classroom environment that is...
- multicultural/gender/ability fair;
- developmentally appropriate;
- favorable to learning and growth; and is
- based on a commitment that all children can learn.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all expected functions and duties performed. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following...
- implement and maintain school programs and services for students with disabilities;
- collaborate effectively with a lead teacher, while having the ability to work independently;
- may provide personal care support to students who need assistance including, but not limited to, toileting, dressing, and feeding;
- meet the District's standards for employee performance and attendance;
- successfully work with students with emotional/behavior issues and assist students with academic and social skills; and
- perform related duties as assigned/requested.
An ability to...
- effectively meet school, student, and program needs;
- follow teacher's plans and directions;
- working effectively and in collaboration with others; and
- maintain confidentiality
- being able to lift 40 pounds;
- frequent bending and/or twisting; and
- possibly physically restraining students
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions listed above.
Per the paraprofessional Salary Schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position will remain open until filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please contact:
Cyndi Steinke, Management Assistant for Student Services: email@example.com or 763-600-5081
Kaline Sandven Marinello, Student Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-600-5083