JobID 4386 : Speech and Language Clinician (#1976701)
About Spring Lake Park Schools:
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 5,800 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
This position will work with students district wide and their families, servicing students in General and Special Education settings.
The ideal candidate will provide excellent instruction and case management skills to students with speech/language and other types of disabilities. This includes:
- providing direct instruction to students;
- working collaboratively with school staff and family homes, while managing all aspects of due process procedures and mandates;
- communicating with parents to provide regular updates on student successes and challenges;
- collaborating with principals, special education coordinator and staff, and professional learning communities, to ensure student needs are being met; and
- maintaining student records of services provided, following Due Process best practices and compliance;
… firmly believes...
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging,leading to academic success.
Necessary qualifications include...
- a M.A./M.S. or Ph.D. degree;
- current Minnesota State Licensure in Speech Language Pathology;
- creative planning and organizational skills, and
- highly effective interpersonal skills.
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region.
How to Apply:
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position will remain open until filled.
- Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx.
- Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please contact Cyndi Steinke, Student Services Management Assistant, at email@example.com or 763-600-5081.