Position: Substitute Teacher
Illinois Substitute License or Professional Educator License
• Execute lesson plan instructions from the classroom teacher as well as complete those duties normally associated with the classroom teacher
• Maintain discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and productive learning environment in accordance with school policies
• Communicate daily outcomes to classroom teacher through substitute teacher report
• Other duties that may be assigned by the Principal or designee
- All applicants are required to have a criminal background check and health screening complete prior to interviews. Contact your local Intermediate Service Center for a Substitute Packet with all of the pertinent clearance information and guidance on how to become a substitute teacher. The South Cook Intermediate Service Center is located at 253 W. Joe Orr Road, Chicago Heights, Illinois 60411. (708) 754-6600. Additionally, you will be required to register your Substitute License in Region 7.