Job | Posted 2 years ago
Hourly Rate for 2019-2020 School Year: $10.21/hour
Required Qualifications: The individual employed for this position must possess and maintain the following qualifications:
Education, Experience, & Licensure Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of related work experience (preferred)
- Previous work experience with children (preferred)
- First aid and CPR training preferred.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Be interested in the well-being of all students.
- Awareness, interest and ability to work with a group of students with varied disabilities.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Work well with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Give and take direction when appropriate.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Have operating knowledge of two-way radio, wheelchair lift and fire extinguisher preferred at time of hire, but must be acquired within three (3) months of hire.
Duties & Essential Job Functions: The essential job responsibilities for the position are listed below. To perform this job successfully, an individual must work under the direction of administrators and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrate support for the District’s mission, beliefs, and goals.
- Act in accordance with federal and state laws and Board of Education policies, regulations, and administrative procedures.
- Work in a friendly manner with co-workers, students, parents, other school employees, and community.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Familiarize himself/herself with the safety rules of the job and participate in all safety training provided by the school district.
- Insure the safety of all students on the assigned bus.
- Follow all established procedures in the boarding, transporting, and departing of students.
- Provide necessary assistance to students as they board and depart the school bus.
- Provide support and instruction to help students understand and comply with the school bus safety rules.
- Monitor students throughout the bus route to ensure student safety, that seat belts are used when needed, that wheelchairs are securely tied down, etc., and the bus rules are followed.
- Exercise student management through correct use of communication and disciplinary procedures to assure minimal distractions to the bus driver. Reports discipline problems using appropriate school district procedures.
- Communicate with school personnel about student behavior and conditions on the bus.
- Perform basic first aid when required.
- Is knowledgeable about each student’s medical concerns and has a written plan of action for those who need the same. Is able to implement the plan of action, when needed. Assume responsibility for performing the personal care required by a student’s IEP during the boarding, transporting, and departing of students.
- Operate all adaptive equipment assigned to the bus and to the students assigned to the bus, including the adaptive transportation lift.
- Properly operate all assigned communications equipment, including the two-way radio (in accordance with district policy).
- Maintain associated paperwork, reports, and documentation as requested.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage, and student injuries as they occur.
- Maintain good work habits through timeliness and reliable attendance for daily assignment.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing job, employee is required to: (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, S = Seldom)
|Climb Ladders||S||Kneel||F||Lift/Carry > 50 lbs.||O||Push/Pull > 50 lbs.||S||Talk||F|
|Climb Stairs||F||Lift/Carry under 10 lbs.||O||Push/Pull under 10 lbs.||O||See||F||Twist||F|
|Crawl||S||Lift/Carry 10-25 lbs.||O||Push/Pull 10-25 lbs.||O||Squat||O||Walk||F|
|Hear||F||Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.||S||Push/Pull 25-50 lbs.||S||Stoop/Bend||F|
Calendar/Work Schedule and Compensation:
Annual Calendar: 174 Day Calendar
Compensation: ___ Paid per the Contractual Agreement with the Jacksonville Education Association (JEA)
___ Paid per the Contractual Agreement with the District #117 Bus Drivers
___ Paid per the Contractual Agreement with the District #117 Support Personnel
___ Paid per the Jacksonville Instructional Support Personnel (JISPA)
___ Paid per the District #117 United Secretarial Association
_X_ Regionally-competitive salary (not paid per a collectively-bargained contractual agreement)
Reports to: Director of Transportation
Classification: ___ Administrative
___ Confidential (non-certified, not covered under a Contractual Agreement)
___ Certified (covered under the JEA Agreement)
_X_ Non-Certified (covered under a Contractual Agreement)
___ Non-Certified (not covered under a Contractual Agreement)
FLSA Status: _X_ Non-Exempt from overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act
___ Exempt from overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act
Jacksonville School District #117
837 North Main , Jacksonville, IL 62650
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246