Special Education Teacher
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (LBS-1)
St. George Community Consolidated School District No. 258 (Public School) is currently accepting applications for a Special Education Teacher beginning with the 2019-2020 School Year. We are seeking candidates who are enthusiastic, compassionate, knowledgeable, and hard-working. An Illinois Professional Educator License with the proper endorsement is required.
Start Date: 2019-2020 School Year
Location: St. George Elementary School - 5200 East Center Street in Bourbonnais, IL 60914
St. George Elementary School is a PreK - 8th Grade public school in a small, rural community with a positive school culture.
Located 6 miles off of I-57, approximately 60 miles south of Chicago.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience based on Contractual Agreement with the St. George Council of AFT Local 604 with options available for health, dental, and vision insurance
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Special Education Certification (LBS-1)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements the individualized program established for each student in his/her Individualized Education Program (IEP) through use of approved curriculum
- Provides instruction in specific skill areas to a diverse student population
- Prepares appropriate supplemental instructional materials and experiences which will enhance learning opportunities for all students
- Assesses student learning
- Utilizes a variety of teaching techniques / modalities
- Engages students in the learning process
- Completes any other essential duties that may be assigned
To Apply: Submit online application and send resume to Christine Johnston, Principal at email@example.com