2020-2021 Temporary Rate of Pay
$125.00/day for non-licensed
$150.00/day with active Montana Educator License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Manages student learning in accordance with the goals and directives of the school and of the school district.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following functions/tasks:
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information;
- Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and district policies;
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Reports to office upon arrival at school;
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Implements the prepared lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
- Organizes students for effective instruction;
- Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building;
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher;
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies;
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/district policies and practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students. Must possess the ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidate must do an online orientation session.
- Candidate must agree to authorize Billings Public Schools to conduct a Criminal History Search/fingerprinting.
- Candidate must possess good moral character.
Duties performed typically in school settings to include: classrooms, gymnasium, cafeteria, auditorium, and recreational areas. Frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting, up to approximately 30 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to 40 pounds may be required. Other physical activities may be required. Occasional travel with students on field trips may be necessary. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise and hazards. Occasional movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be required. Regular Instruction to special needs children may be necessary. Daily personal and close contact with children to provide classroom management and learning environment support is required on assigned days. Regular contact with other staff members and building administrator(s) is required on assigned days as a substitute.
Go to www.billingsschools.org and then "Departments" and click on "Employment Opportunities" for the on-line application form for external applicants.
Once the application has been submitted, please go to the Lincoln Center, Room 202, to be fingerprinted and do payroll paperwork.