Substitute School Bus Monitor
Substitute School Bus Monitor/Bus Aide
REPORTS TO: Special Education Coordinator
JOB GOAL: To monitor and assist special needs students during transport in a safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUS AIDE/MONITOR
- Ride assigned bus in morning and afternoon to assist the bus driver.
- Maintains order and discipline on the bus to maintain a safe and positive environment.
- Assists students on the assigned route. Provides additional assistance if necessary assisting students on and off the bus to provide safety for all students.
- Provides care of students when called upon by driver/student to ensure the safety of all students.
- Observes and follows all school district policies/procedures at all times for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing the district's regulations.
- Responds to requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner to ensure the safe travel and the efficient running of the district transportation program.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information in order to remain in compliance with legal requirements and to maintain a professional work environment.
- Attends all in-service meetings and completed all in-service activities as required for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information related to job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.