Substitute Teacher ($100/day)
LEAP Academy University Charter School is seeking qualified Substitute Teachers - that will manage student learning in accordance with the goals and directives of the schools and the NJDOE. This employee is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined by NJDOE and District policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Additional Duties
- Following the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with district's philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establishing and maintaining order in the classroom.
- Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Assisting in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board Policies.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information;
- Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies;
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
- Reports to office upon arrival at school; checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary;
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
- Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building;
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher;
- Collects and places students’ papers in regular teacher’s desk;
- Returns instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place;
- Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/state policies and practices.
• Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships maintain effective classroom management strategies.
• Duties performance typically in school settings to include: classrooms, gymnasium, cafeteria,auditorium, and recreational areas.
• Frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting, up to approximately 30 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to 40 pounds may be required. Other physical activities may be required.
• Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
• Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
• The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise and hazards.
• Regular instruction to special needs children may be necessary.
• Daily personal and close contact with children to provide classroom management and learning environment support is required on assigned days.
• Regular contact with other staff members and building administrator(s) is required on assigned days as a substitute.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum 60 college credits or Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Required NJ Substitute Teacher Certificate or NJ state Teacher Certification (New Jersey Standard Certificate, Provisional, Certificate of Eligibility (CE) or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS) or be eligible for reciprocity with an out-of-state certificate)
- Experience working directly with special education population in an urban classroom setting
- NJDOE Criminal History Review (Fingerprinting) & 20 year Employment History Verification
$100 per/ day
How to Apply
All interested candidates should apply directly through the LEAP University Academy Charter School website in the “WORK at LEAP” section: https://www.leapacademycharter.org/