JobID 1097 : FIRST Robotics Coach (#981956)
POSITION: High School FIRST Robotics Coach
REPORTS TO: High School Activities and Athletics DirectorSEASON DATES: 2019/20 September-December for planning/training events; January-April for official events. Regional and FIRST Championship competitions are advancement based.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until filled
SALARY: Placement on the Extra Curricular Salary Schedule as determined by previous experience.
REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects; developing effective working relationships; administering policies and procedures, analyzing; effective listening; facilitating meetings; interpersonal aptitude; leadership; managing staff/performance; monitoring activities; and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The information contained herein is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Organize and monitor the high school FIRST Robotics team.
- Build, configure, and test robots.
- Review and approve cost estimates and design calculations.
- Serve as technical support for the school team robotics design and competition season.
- Perform research into the design, operation and performance of robotic mechanism components or systems.
- Liaison between team members, mentors, parents and volunteers; communicate expectations to parents and students about what is expected of them in terms of their commitment to the team, team meetings, coordinating help, maintaining equipment, communicating with your sponsoring organization, purchasing supplies, registering for competitions, creating schedules and team building.
- Make decisions about building, and work to achieve consensus among team members on the mechanical design.
- Use guidelines from team brainstorming to build a robot that can accomplish the team’s desired missions and access partnerships with business/community to garner mentors and funding opportunities.
- Enforce standards of performance and production quality.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is also highly desirable: Technical Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotic Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, and/or Industrial Fabrication.
- The team meets regularly in the fall and most weekdays and weekends during the intense six-week period known as the build season in January, February and March. Meetings vary based on the activities needed to ensure preparedness for all upcoming on/off-season events.
- Nurture a sense of ownership among team members for their team’s robot, project and core values.
- Be registered as a FIRST volunteer.
- Display kindness, patience, and professionalism.
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines of the FIRST Robotics program.
Personal Attributes effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills, strong written and oral communication skills, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language, understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives, self-motivated and directs, keen attention to detail, analytical and problem solving abilities, strong customer-service orientation
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: lifting and transporting of heavy to moderate heavy objects; and significant finger dexterity to operate a keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools. Sitting for extended periods of time. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Application Process: Moffat County School District uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online. Visit www.moffatsd.org to apply for this position.
In compliance with Title VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Moffat County School District RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. English speaking ability will not be a barrier to participation and admission to District programs. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees or need for special education services. The following person(s) have been identified as the compliance officer for the District. Compliance Officer for Title IX – Dave Ulrich, Superintendent, Renae Dove, Executive Director of School Support and Personnel, 600 Texas Ave, Craig, CO 81625, 826-4249.
En cumplimiento del Título VI y VII del Acto de Derechos Civiles de 1964, Título IX de la Enmienda de Educación de 1972; Sección 504 del Acto de la Rehabilitación de 1973, la Discriminación de Edad en Acto del Empleo de 1967, el Acto de los Americanos con Discapacidades, el Acto de no Discriminación de Información Genética de 2008 y la ley de Colorado, Condado de Moffat Distrito Escolar RE-1 no discrimina ilegalmente en base a raza, color, sexo, religión, origen nacional, ascendencia, credo, edad, estado civil, orientación sexual, información genética, discapacidad o necesidad de servicios de educación especial en la admisión, acceso, tratamiento o empleo en programas educativos o actividades que opera. Capacidad de hablar ingles no será un obstáculo para la participación y admisión a programas del Distrito. Se han establecido procedimientos de queja para los estudiantes, padres, empleados o necesidad de servicios de educación especial. La(s) siguiente(s) persona(s) han sido identificadas como el oficial de cumplimiento para el Distrito. Renae Dove, Condado de Moffat Distrito Escolar RE-1, 600 Texas Ave, Craig Co 81625, 970-826-6270, firstname.lastname@example.org