English Teacher- ACE at Hermitage
Must hold a license issued by Virginia Department of Education.
The license must be in one of the following types: Collegiate Professional License, Eligibility License.
The license position area must be in one of the following areas: English, Journalism, Reading, Reading Specialist, Reading/Language Arts.
The license must be in one of the following grades: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.
The license status must be active.
- Deliver the curriculum established by the Henrico County School Board and administration
- Plan daily instructional activities for all students
- Assess and maintain records of students’ progress toward reaching goals set by the administration
- Alter instruction to meet group and individual needs as noted by assessment results
- Communicate with parents, students, and personnel in the division of instruction
- Willing to delve into literature or professional journals of specific disciplines
- Incorporate real world connections into lessons
- Incorporate the “High Schools That Work” model into various curriculums
- Apply latest technology used in the comprehensive setting to the technical setting
- Prepare students for reading, writing, and creating technical documents related to their area of study
- Align and teach in context English SOL objectives