Math Teacher-ACE at Hermitage
Must hold a license issued by any agency.
The license position area must be in one of the following areas: Agriculture, Automotive Technology, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, CTE (General), Culinary Arts / Food Preparation, Drafting/CAD, Driver Education, Family & Consumer Sciences (Home Econ), Health Occupations, Hospitality and Tourism, JROTC, Multimedia, Nutritionist, Outdoor Education, Technology Education (Industrial Arts), Trades and Industry, Algebra I, Algebra II, Calculus, Geometry, Math (General), Pre-Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Probability and Statistics, Trigonometry.
The license must be in one of the following grades: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.
The license status must be active.
- Delivers the curriculum established by the Henrico County School Board and administration
- Plans daily instructional activities for all students. Assess and maintain records of students' progress toward reaching goals set by the administration
- Alters instruction to meet group and individual needs as noted by assessment results
- Communicates with parents, students, and personnel in the division of instruction.
- Willing to delve into literature or professional journals of specific disciplines
- Incorporate real world connections into lessons
- Incorporate the “High Schools That Work” model into various curriculums
- Apply latest technology used in the comprehensive setting to the technical setting
- Prepare students for mathematical computations and concepts related to their area of study
- Align and teach in context math SOL objectives