Middle School Social Studies Teachers (1)
SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207
San Carlos, AZ 85530
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
POSITION: MIDDLE SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER
- BA or BS Degree.
- Valid State Certification required for the position.
- Must have current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
To create a flexible MIDDLE SCHOOL program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for higher level education, accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members
- Teacher instructs, demonstrates, informs, performs, directs, and repeats as needed, for pupil learning in the assigned area, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law, administrative regulation, and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Performs lesson plans into learning experiences in order to best utilize available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through inservice education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrators to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of activities.
- Is responsible for continuing student learning
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and /or self-selected professional growth activities related to music education.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months
SALARY: Placed on Board Approved Teacher’s Salary Schedule according to experience and education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.org go to Employment, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 11411.