Multiple Disabilities Education Specialist, Anchorage Alaska
Multiple Disabilities Education Specialist
- Master’s degree in special education with suitable experience and training in multiple disabilities, or Bachelor’s degree in special education with an emphasis on multiple disabilities.
- Recent experience with learners with multiple disabilities.
- Implementation of knowledge and best practice in the education of students with multiple disabilities.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to travel independently in rural/remote Alaska throughout the school year.
- Experience with distance education technologies, digital learning, and e-module creation.
- Requirements met for Alaska State Department of Education Special Education Type A Certificate. (Visit http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification/app02.html for information regarding certification.)
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience in developing positive behavior support plans, visual supports, and programs to enhance communication skills.
- Current knowledge of assistive technology.
- Training for professionals, paraprofessionals, and community members.
- Interagency networking and collaboration.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Patrick Pillai, Executive Director
Special Education Service Agency
3501 Denali Street, Suite 101, Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: (907) 334-1300 Fax: (907) 562-0545 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our agency, the state of Alaska, or to download our application, visit our website at www.sesa.org.