JobID 571 : Paraeducator-Behavior (#512029)
Campbell Elementary School
Part-time, 4 hours/day, 160 days/school year
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school diploma.
2. Paraeducators who provide instructional support must meet one of the following three academic requirements:
- an associate's degree or higher, or
- 48 hours college credit, or
- successfully pass the Para Work Keys test to include the "Gold" certificate (contact the Workforce Center for information/test schedule).
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Teacher
JOB GOAL: To provide a well-organized, smooth functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
1. Assist with lunch, snack and clean up routines.
2. Assist with wash-up and toilet routines.
3. Help with clothing.
4. Under supervision of a licensed teacher, prepare for classroom activities.
5. Perform clerical work.
6. Assist in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
7. Care for equipment.
8. Assist the teacher with classroom activities.
9. Assist the teacher in duties relating to the supervision of the playground.
10. Participate in in-service training programs.