JobID 1332 : Catering Assistant (5Hr.) (#480893)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
JOB TITLE: Nutrition Services Catering/Production Assistant
PAY RANGE: CC-2
WORK YEAR: 175 days/year, 5 hours/day
REPORTS TO: Production/Catering Manager
Responsible for working with Catering/Production Manager to fulfill catering requests by preparing, delivering, setting-up, and assisting with invoicing food and beverages as ordered. Responsible for supporting the District food service program with the Catering/Production Manager by preparing meals according to planned menus and recipes, serving meals, cleaning and maintaining the kitchen, labeling and preparing food for storage, and operating the cash register. Must be able to work a wide range of hours, this position does not follow a set schedule.
JOB TASK DESCRIPTION:
- Work with Catering/Production Manager to monitor par levels of production kitchen items needed for school meals.
- Prepare food according to planned menus and tested recipes for both school meals and catering events.
- Complete daily records, deposits, and money journals.
- Determine the quantities of food to be prepared for both school meals and catering events.
- Communicate with kitchen employees, District staff, students, and community to arrange for and serve nutritious meals at assigned District school and catering events.
- Execute all catering events by delivering/picking up food, beverages, and equipment; setting-up; breaking down; cleaning site; invoicing/billing; and scheduling kitchen usage time for catered events with kitchen management at site where event is scheduled.
- Assist Manager with training of new employees on all aspects of the job requirements including but not limited to safety, food preparation, serving, cashiering, cleaning, ordering, inventory, customer service, cleaning, etc.
- Check in food shipments by verifying orders and signing off on invoices.
- Check equipment to ensure it is in safe working condition, and notify Nutrition office when repairs or replacements are needed.
- Maintain separate catering and school kitchen employee time records, orders, and monthly inventories.
- Attend staff development trainings/meetings as offered.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of experience in food service; experience with school nutrition programs preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Personal computer and keyboarding skills preferred.
- Knowledge of personal hygiene/health.
- Knowledge of nutrition services, child nutrition, and Health Department guidelines preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, use time efficiently, demonstrate attention to detail, follow instructions, and respond to management direction.
- Ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, and building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, and work hours.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of mixer, dishwasher, slicer, computer, and adding machine preferred at hire; required within one month after hire.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals preferred.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc. preferred.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE:
This position reports to the Director of Nutrition Services. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 25 - 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat, moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, compare, copy, and use interpersonal skills. Frequently required to analyze, coordinate, and compile. Occasionally required to compute, negotiate, evaluate, and instruct.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 175 days per year - (9) month position.
- 5 hours/day
Performance of this job will be in accordance with the Board’s policy on the District Classified Performance Evaluation System.
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to: Erica Branscum, Executive Director of Talent, Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us