JobID 266 : Full-Day Preschool Teacher (#445881)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Full-Day Preschool Teacher is responsible for instructing children between the ages of three and five in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for preschool. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement the program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Early Childhood Center and the Wilmette Park District.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance of the classroom and maintaining the quality of supplies, equipment and materials in the classroom.
- Effectively develop and carry out weekly lesson plans that are subject to the approval of the Early Childhood Program Coordinator and the Early Childhood Supervisor and that fit children’s needs and interests.
- Develop individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with parents/guardians throughout the year and during parent/teacher conferences that are conducted semi-annually.
- Attend parent or parent/child events related to the program (i.e., student orientation, open house).
- Attend staff meetings, conferences and in-service training in accordance with licensing requirements.
- Responsible for the safety of the children in the program at all times.
- Responsible for complying with all State and DCFS licensing requirements.
- Become familiar with and follow safety procedures of the Wilmette Park District including, but not limited to, fire, severe weather and evacuation procedures.
- Instruct children in practices of personal cleanliness and self-care.
- Alternate periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid over-stimulation and fatigue.
- Help children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
- Serve nutritious snacks to children.
- Follow-through with all other duties as assigned by the Early Childhood Program Coordinator and Early Childhood Supervisor.
Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or sixty semester hours from an accredited college and at least six hours in Early Childhood Credits. Prefer B.A./B.S in Early Childhood Education. All applicants must meet all requirements for licensing standards of the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Mondays - Fridays from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
August 26, 2019 – May 29, 2020 with additional responsibilities in June