Innovative Learning Coach
Position starting: Next Contract Year 24/25
Hiring Manager: Darren Draper
Open until filled. For this application, we only require a current resume and letter of intent. If interviewed, we will then ask for principal recommendation.
• Elementary K-6
• Elementary 1-8
• Secondary 7-12
Innovative Learning Coach Mission Statement:
We build teacher capacity to ensure high levels of learning for all students through the effective use of technology and other innovative practices in realizing the Alpine Vision for Learning.
Under the direction of the Director of Innovative Learning, the Innovative Learning Coach facilitates teacher improvement through relationship and student-centered coaching practices. In addition, the Coach provides instructional materials, staff development, and teaching and learning resources in order to facilitate the effective teacher and student use of educational technologies.
Coaching and Support for Teachers
1. Coach and support teachers throughout their implementation of the ASD Vision for Learning (Systemness).
• Teacher Teams
• Data Analysis
2. Support teachers in thier use of ASD Vision for Learning Instructional Strategies.
• Technology on Supported Solutions
• PLC Results Cycle
• Support current areas of emphasis
• Coaching Cycles
3. Provide technology and instructional coaching for individual teachers and teacher teams.
District and School Project Support
1. Provide outstanding customer support.
2. Balance priorities among projects to effectively use existing resources to address multiple requests.
3. Provide input and support in the development and implementation of district-wide and school-level programs that improve student learning through the use of technology and other innovative practices.
- Requires a current State of Utah teaching certificate (and that it be maintained throughout employment in this position).
- Evidence of proficiency in the effective classroom use of instructional technology required, either through a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an instructional technology or related field, or demonstrated competency through classroom teaching experience.
- Requires the ability and willingness to work in both Elementary and Secondary school settings.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills to coach and interact with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Requires a deep understanding of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and the effective use of technology throughout.
- Requires the ability to perform basic technology troubleshooting.
- Requires an attitude of life-long learning and a willingness to try new teaching and learning methods and techniques.
- Requires the ability to model best teaching practices and familiarity with the implementation of problem/inquiry-based learning, cooperative learning, and student centered instructional practices.
- Requires extensive knowledge of and experience using both Macintosh and Windows operating systems, web-based systems including G Suite, Canvas, and MasteryConnect, in addition to other instructional, assessment, productivity, and multimedia software.
- Requires demonstrated competence in providing professional development to teachers and/or other school leaders.
- Requires a valid Utah Driver License.