Assistant Coach- Track, Jumps and Throws
Job | Posted 10 days ago
Assistant Track Coach- Jumps and Throws Coaches
Non-contract, no benefits
Paid by Stipend
Starting date: 02/26/2024
- Name: Jason Flinders
- Phone: (801) 610-8160
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are expected to have some knowledge of coaching jumps and throws for track and field. The mission of our athletic department is to create positive experiences for all ahtletes through athletics. We expect all applicants to be able to work with high school age athletes and to be part of a positive culture at our school. We expect all applicants to become familiar with student athletes and help build student athletes that excel both on the field of competition and in the classroom.
The mission of the program is to generate school spirit and promote sportsmanship at school athletic and other events. A balanced emphasis is placed on success in competition.
This coaching position does not require a teaching certificate.
A coach must be able to:
- Assist in the coordination team selection/tryouts
- Assist in the coordination and run safe and effective practices, caring for the needs of the athletes
- Selects and prepares the competition team for local and national competitions
- Work, communicate, collaborate effectively with the athletes, staff, parents, administration and support staff in support of the school’s vision for the team
- Help maintain a positive image for the school, community and team
- Engage in school and community events
- Support and motivate student athletes to do their best in academic studies.
- Develop sport-specific skills in athletes
- Provide individual instruction/guidance for student athletes in a constructive manner
- Adhere to state and NFHS safety guidelines, rules and regulations of the sport/activity
- Assist in manage, plan and budget resources in conformity to Alpine School District regulations, policy and procedures (PACE)
- Assist in manage, plan and provide fundraising opportunities for the team and individual costs associated with volleyball team (PACE)
- Help to oversee local and extended/out of state trips and events that are beneficial to the team and the school
- Help maintain team equipment, orders uniforms and gear