Nutrition Service Worker - Elementary
Job | Posted 18 days ago
Nutrition Service Worker
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours per day: 5.5
Hourly rate: $15.67
- Name: Danielle Clemons
- Phone: 801-610-8106
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Nutrition Services Worker is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at assigned location with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel; and maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Arranges food and beverage items at the request and direction of supervisors for the purpose of serving students and staff in an efficient manner.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. (e.g. Food Handler's Permit training, safety meetings, etc.) for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas (e.g. oven, refrigerator, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes as needed for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies (e.g. flour, serving trays, etc.) for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions as requested by supervisor (e.g. account technician, lead cook, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares food and beverage items (e.g. breakfast and lunch, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Reports equipment malfunctions for the purpose of notifying supervisor of need for repair and/or replacement.
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a work day. Must be able to push/pull up to 150 lbs. repeatedly throughout a work day.
Food Handlers Permit