MTSS Support Coordinator
Job | Posted 9 days ago
- Participate in problem solving team meetings that discuss student needs
- Review referral forms to determine if student should be referred to PBIS or StAT
- Explain to the student and family how the student was identified as needing extra support from the school
- Review student records and talk with teachers to get their perceptions of what action, if any, maybe most beneficial for the student
- Identify ready-to use interventions that may be a good fit for the student
- Monitor the students progress and review academic and behavioral data on a regular basis
- Talk with the student’s teachers and build relationships
- Check in with the student on a regular basis and serve as the liaison between home and school
- Alert the problem-solving team to any barriers to implementation or concerns from the teacher, student, or family
- Monitor students in the Wellness Center
- Connect students to school social worker, counselors, or support as needed
- Document students use of the Wellness Center
- Periodically give tours of the Wellness Center
- Keep Wellness Center clean and orderly
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the administration.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Works in standard office environment
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bacherlors degree preferred
- previous experience with at risk students preferred
- Benefit Eligible
- Full time, 187 days, paid over 12 months
- Classified Salary Schedule - T2 (additional levels given for higher education and previous experience)