Maintenance - Cabinetmaker
Job | Posted 21 days ago
Lane 15, Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $25.42-35.70 Depending on experience.
- Name: Zach Draper
- Phone: 801-610-8060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Builds and installs a variety of carpentry items (e.g. computer work stations, counter tops using wood veneers and composite laminates, cabinets, shelving, moldings, etc.) for the purpose of designing, modifying, adapting and maintaining facilities to specific needs.
- Coordinates with assigned foreman and/or supervisor and other trades (e.g. vendors, custodians, school officials and office staff, etc.) for the purpose of completing cabinetry/carpentry projects and work orders efficiently.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to complete new-build or repair projects (e.g. doors, handicapped accessibility equipment, hinges, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects within the facility's budget parameters.
- Informs work order originator and other trades regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions ensuring sequential teamwork of trades in completion of projects complying with building and safety regulations.
- Maintains vehicle, tools, and equipment (e.g. sliding table saws, surface sanders, jointers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitors facilities and equipment for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Remodels office and work space (e.g. cabinets, shelves, paneling, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe and efficient utilization of space.
- Repairs a variety of furniture and fixtures (e.g. general use and specialty cabinets, doors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition in the building and extending the life of the fixtures.
- Requests and purchases equipment and supplies after doing cost comparisons with vendors (e.g. vendor-specific parts, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete necessary installation and/or repair.
- Reviews current trends in cabinetry (e.g. woods, colors, designs, closures, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring new and remodeled fixtures within budget are modern and consistent with existing styles.
- Studies and reviews blueprints and drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired for the purpose of planning sequence of cutting or shaping operation.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies (e.g. woodworking machines, power saws, hand tools, electric sanders, wood, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of required materials at job site
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.