Child Nutrition Cook 3 hour- West Elementary School
Under the direct supervision of the Child Nutrition Manager to cook food items that meet mandated nutritional requirements and requests of students or school personnel; verify quantities and specifications of orders; maintain facilities in a sanitary condition; and assist assigned food service personnel in performing their functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans utensils, equipment, storage, food preparation, and serving areas to maintain the required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food prepared from scratch and meets nutritional requirements based on the production record.
- Inspects food items to verify quantity, quality, and specifications of orders to meet preparation requirements and comply with mandated health standards.
- Stocks food, condiments, and supplies to maintain adequate quantities and security of items.
- Prepares documentation (e.g., inventory and supply lists, machine logs, temperature logs, etc.) to provide written support and convey information.
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance, and temperature to present items that students and staff will accept.
Performs other related duties (e.g., computerized payments, etc.) to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be inclusive of every duty or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma and be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid Food Handlers Permit.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to perform physical activities without difficulty.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs minimum.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and maintain the confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, and others contacted during work.
Ability to perform physical activities, including lifting and standing.
*Part-Time, 15 hrs per week, Time Card, 177 Days per year.
Support Professional Employees Salary Schedule Level L1 $17.28 an hour
Not Benefit Eligible