School Nutrition Program Team Member
Job | Posted a month ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: School Nutrition Team Member
- Non-exempt - $14.08 - $19.01 per hour
- Position Length: 184 days
- Hours: 6 hours per day
The School Nutrition Team Member performs intermediate, semi-skilled work serving meals and cleaning cafeterias. Includes preparing, cooking and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other food in accordance with the menu. Collects money and maintains records.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of the eighth grade.
- General knowledge of materials and methods used in preparing and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other foods on a large scale.
- General knowledge of the use or care of food preparation equipment.
- General knowledge of food values and nutrition.
- General knowledge of the U.S.D.A. rules and regulations.
- Skill in the use of standardized and specialized kitchen utensils and equipment.
- The ability to get along well with others.
- The ability to work long hours while standing and under high temperature conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, co-workers, parents and students.
- Must possess patience and understanding in dealing with children.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: (including but not limited to the following)
? Prepares and serves fruits, deserts, salads, soups and other foods; May be assigned to one specific food preparation area or rotated through the full range of food services.
? Washes pots, pans, kettles and other cooking utensils.
? Operates dishwasher, mixer, chopper, slicer, steamers, ovens and other food service and mechanical equipment
? Cleans work surfaces, eating and food preparation area
? Sweeps and mops and performs other custodial duties as assigned
? Assists in estimating and ordering food supplies
? Receives and stocks food supplies, maintains sanitary conditions
? Serves as cashier when needed, collects money and maintains necessary records
? Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.