Instructional Assistant - Math Intervention
Job | Posted a month ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT - Math Intervention
- Pay scale: Classified Scale, Grade 4: https://www.mpark.net/departments/human_resources
- Position Length: 7.5 hours 186 days
- Hours: Full time unless otherwise specified
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
Provide small group math intervention using provided programs and materials for students in grades kindergarten through second.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Previous experience working with groups of children is desired.
- Ability to work with various ability levels of students.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and directions in carrying out tasks and procedures related to instructional and behavioral plans.
- Ability to assist teachers with instructional activities and classroom management.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills and the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working with parents, students, and school personnel.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: (including but not limited to the following)
- Complies with all school laws, State Board of Education regulations, and all policies and regulations made by the School Board and Superintendent.
- Performs all duties deemed necessary by the School Board and Superintendent for the efficient and successful operation of the school system.
- Coordinates with and carries out instructional plans as developed in collaboration with school staff
- Under the direction of the Intervention Coordinator and Cougar Administration, assists in implementing academic instruction and intervention to individuals or small groups of students to reach achievement goals.
- Administers assessment tools to assess student abilities related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Collaborates with school staff, including classroom teacher in both written and oral formats, to share information regarding student achievement.
- Performs and maintains accurate records of student data.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of materials and other instructional aides.
- Maintains appropriate level of classroom behavior and control,
- Helps students individually and in small groups with assignments and activities,
- Attends in-service, workshops, trainings, and meetings as required or assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the
use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.