In this role, you will play a vital part in securing funding to support educational programs and initiatives. As Grant Writer, you will collaborate with various departments within the organization, including administrators, teachers, and program directors, to identify funding needs and develop compelling grant proposals. Your main responsibilities will include researching and identifying potential grant opportunities, writing and submitting grant proposals, and managing the full grant application process.
You will have the opportunity to showcase your excellent writing and communication skills to effectively articulate the school district's goals and objectives, and secure funding for important projects. As Grant Writer, you will also have the chance to grow professionally by staying up-to-date on funding trends and best practices in grant writing.
You will be able to enhance your project management skills as you work on multiple grants simultaneously and meet deadlines. This role offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on education and contribute to the success of our students and schools. Join our team today and be a part of our mission to prepare all students for their future.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and identify potential funding sources, including government grants, foundations, and corporate sponsors.
- Collaborate with various departments within the school district to develop comprehensive grant proposals.
- Gather and analyze data, statistics, and other relevant information to support grant proposals.
- Write clear, concise, and persuasive grant narratives that effectively communicate the needs and goals of the school district.
- Coordinate and document all aspects of the grant application process, including budgets, timelines, and required documentation.
- Maintain accurate records of submitted grants, their status, and outcomes.
- Conduct thorough evaluations of funded projects to assess their impact and effectiveness.
- Stay updated on current trends and best practices in grant writing and fundraising strategies.
- Performs other duties designated by the Chief of Staff or other divisonial staff as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong research skills and the ability to gather and analyze information from various sources to support grant proposals
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of grant funding processes, including researching potential funders, preparing budgets, and submitting applications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, administrators, and external stakeholders
- Creativity and innovation in your approach to grant writing, as well as the ability to think critically and problem solve
- Attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness in all aspects of the grant proposal process
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently while also being a team player
- General office practices, punctuation, arithmetic, and spelling, record keeping methods, practices and procedures
- Proficient with the use of technolgy, including Google Applications
- Departmental policies
- Three or more years of experience directly related to successful grant writing required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Writing, Marketing, or related field preferred
This is a 12 month position with benefits.
Salary range begins at $67,759 with additional compensation for relevant education and experience.