INTERVENTIONIST (FEDERAL PROGRAMS POSITION)
MCMINN COUNTY SCHOOLS
Job Title: INTERVENTIONIST Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Federal Programs Supervisor, Instructional Supervisors, Principal
Date Revised: 10/05/2023
Dept./School: As Assigned______________________________________________________
The goal of the Interventionist is to assist K-8 grade students with intervention and provide a continuum of support to help them reach grade-level skills. The interventionist develops materials and lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction, and evaluates and assesses student performance. The interventionist interprets student data and communicates progress to parents/guardians. Lastly, the interventionist collaborates with identified teachers who share the students served and develops a transition plan between the intervention classroom and the regular classroom.
State of Tennessee Educator License
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Background/knowledge in intervention strategies
- Understanding of up-to-date instructional technology and educational software
- Ability to work with students with various academic needs
- Possess skills in interpreting assessment data to drive instruction
- Strong communication skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review data to make instructional decisions to address student weaknesses.
- Prepare and deliver focused math intervention instruction in small group settings.
- Possess knowledge in math intervention strategies and actual implementation.
- Utilize instructional software which increases student learning and maximizes time on task.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals on the intervention plans.
- Be familiar with the RTI process and tiered Instruction.
- Communicate effectively within the educational community and with parents on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the assigned classroom teacher(s) for instructional planning and delivery.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records on student achievement, articulating the progress and success.
- Provide explicit, scientifically based instruction to small groups of students.
- Assist in the scheduling and assignment of students to the program.
- Implement the assigned program of study.
- Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Promote and maintain positive pupil-teacher-parent relationships.
- Possess a strong commitment to helping all children succeed.
- Adhere to the teacher code of conduct.
- Maintain professional work habits.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned by the Federal Programs Supervisor, Instructional Supervisors, Principal.
Salary for this position will be based on the McMinn County Board of Education salary schedule for certified teachers (200-day contract) based on degree and recognizable and verifiable experience. This position is dependent upon Title I & II funding received by the school district.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer; standard instructional equipment;
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting;
Motion: Frequent walking;
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); occasional light lifting of textbooks and classroom equipment;
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise;
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours;
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.