Media Clerk (Elementary)
Job | Posted 5 days ago
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Briar Mattucci, Principal, at (385)-646-4846 or email email@example.com
Hours per week: 29
|Job Title||Media Clerk - Elementary|
|Salary Schedule||ESP Hourly (72)|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
The Media Clerk supervises the media center under the direction of the district media specialist.
Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Manage patron records and information on computer and issue patron identification cards according to established procedures.
- Catalog and process library materials such as books, DVDs, CD-ROMs, pictures, kits, etc.
- Check in and out all materials to students and teachers.
- Inspect returned library materials for damage and repair if possible.
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to classification code and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Sort for damage. Repair if possible.
- Compile lists of overdue books, etc. and issue overdue notices to borrowers. Compute and receive fines as per school policy.
- Track overdue library materials and issue overdue notices to borrowers. Determine fines according to school policy.
- Help patrons locate books, publications, Internet sites and other materials.
- Assist library committee in the acquisition of materials that support the learning goals of the school.
- Maintain a well-organized, inviting media center with displays, bulletin boards, etc.
- Attend district training meetings.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent.
Some college preferred.
Required Prior Experience
Some library experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with students and teachers.
- Self-motivated and able to take directions from supervisors.
- Ability to learn new skills and functions.
Decides library schedule, order books, plans library time for class visits, prepares library learning environment.
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction of students, teachers, support personnel, parents, parents, and administrators.
Makes library book and supply purchases in consultation with district specialists and/or school administration.
Work setting is mainly in the media center.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move to 50 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.