Academic Support Aide
To provide school wide and in-class academic and behavioral support to maximize student learning.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
• Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
Effective writing and verbal communication skills and willingness to listen and learn.
• Works in standard office and school building environments.
• Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
Experience teaching children reading and math skills is preferred, and willingness to learn more about these areas and intervention programs is mandatory.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt