Information Systems Analyst
Job | Posted 9 days ago
|Supervisor:||Ms. Linda Dietz, Accountability and Information Systems Director|
|Employment Period:||12 months|
|Salary (G216):||$50,581 – $84,558|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Information Systems Customization Developer with database management and serve as the lead specialist assigned to day-to-day information systems operations.
- Assist the director of accountability with a variety of statistical reports and data visualizations.
- Assist the director with state reports and monitor school level information and processes that impact state reporting submissions.
- Implement data entry, validation, and quality control processes to maintain accurate and up-to-date student records.
- Monitor data consistency and integrity across the information system.
- Develop and enforce best practices for data management.
- Assist the Information Systems Support staff with identifying state reporting errors and data quality issues.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure data accuracy, system efficiency, and compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Manages account generation and maintenance for over 25,000 users including long term substitutes, with role-based security and integration with related systems, including single-sign on solutions.
- Develops training materials such as reference guides, videos, web sites and other artifacts for use by end-users of the student information system.
- Develops and implements training programs and schedules for SIS related processing for teachers, administrators, secretaries, counselors and others as needed.
- Assist with developing schedules, timelines and procedures for processing of student information related tasks such as student class scheduling, report cards, transcripts and state reporting.
- All other duties as assigned by the Information Systems Customizations Developer and Director of Accountability and Information Systems.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science/MIS, and experience in writing computer programs and performing routine systems analysis; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the above noted knowledge, skill, and ability is required.
- Experience working with Virginia SOL testing platforms, score files and uploads is preferred.
- Five years of experience in a PK-12 setting is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques of computer systems analysis, programming and state reporting is preferred..
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of relational database design, SQL, and database applications development/support is required.
- Experience working with information systems in a networked environment is required.
- Advanced in a variety of computer operating systems and programs, such as Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Excel, Numbers, etc. is required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical individuals is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment is required.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. The following information is required to be considered for the position:
- Feedback on reference forms from at least 2 persons listed as references (required from external candidates)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.