Job | Posted 8 days ago
Education Products and Services
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Skip Foster, Warehouse Manager at (385)-646-5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title||Mailroom Lead|
|Salary Schedule||ESP (60)|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Last Review Date||November 2020|
The Mailroom Lead must be able to supervise and give direction to the employee’s assigned for various projects within the District Mailroom and must be able to participate in the work performed.
The Mailroom Lead is expected to understand the operations of the daily mail/package delivery system for the district.
This person must have a working knowledge and be able to perform in the following areas: vehicle driving, operating material handling equipment; basic computer skills; scheduling; receiving/delivering of package procedures; staging/sorting of mail/packages, routine preventive maintenance of equipment and mailroom; and compliance to all standard operating procedures and general district policies.
Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- The Mailroom Lead will be assigned to complete the GEC mail route and directly oversee the processing of district mail through the mailroom.
- The Mailroom Lead will coordinate and supervise the daily operations utilizing personnel, equipment, and available resources of the Purchasing Department.
- Extensive knowledge of mail/package receiving and processing.
- Supervises the other Mail Carriers as they complete the other mail routes.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Leads to request time off and scheduling of other employees within the Mailroom.
- Directs and trains Mail Carriers on route procedures, mail machines and computer software, area cleanliness and safety.
- Ensures mailroom operations are conducted within the scope of all government and district policies.
- Maintains all equipment, vehicles, mailroom, and other district property as needed.
- Assists and coordinates with other departments and schools for specific help in bulk mailings and special projects. With the Warehouse Manager, determines viability of service requests made to the Mailroom.
- Resolves problems with mailing operations to include fielding and resolving customer complaints.
- Identifies areas for program improvement within the District Mailroom operation and works with the Warehouse Manager to implement change.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Must have a valid Utah driver’s license
Required Prior Experience
- Two years of work experience with demonstrated competence preferred.
- Knowledge of Granite School District schools and locations to include routes, stops and delivery procedures is preferred.
- Must possess communication and leadership skills necessary to supervise, lead and motivate fellow workers.
- Must have the ability to collaborate in a team or group situation as well as dealing with school personnel, other departments, and the public.
- Must have computer and clerical skills.
- Must have basic accounting and math skills.
- Must be self-motivated and to work unsupervised.
- Must be familiar with the District Classified Negotiated Agreements and Board policies and govern classified employment. Must be familiar with District procurement policies. Should have a knowledge of district time and attendance procedures. Must plan to work with and organize personnel for special projects.
- Must be able to initiate as well as assess those activities related to area of responsibility, handle emergencies, solve problems and make decisions.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to job.
- Assures that each assignment has sufficient materials and supplies.
- Assists with Warehouse Manager in hiring and performance decisions.
- Have substantial ability to make decisions under pressure and work effectively with many interruptions.
- Responsible for equipment and preventive maintenance.
- Assigns personnel to handle workload and evaluates task completion for the scope of assigned area of responsibility.
Interacts with all levels of district and school administrators and warehouse personnel in meeting demands of job description.
Required to interact with others outside the school system to include: US Postal Service, freight companies, vendors, etc.
Supervises the daily operations of Mailroom and Mail Carriers. Responsible for overseeing the completion of the daily workload and meeting deadlines. The Mailroom Lead must use supervisory skills to fulfill the scope of responsibility defined in the “Essential Functions” section of this job description. Must report to Warehouse Manager all violations of policy requiring corrective discipline. Workplace morale, personnel compliance to policy, skill level and performance evaluation will be accomplished in collaboration with the Warehouse Manager.
Workflow is steady with continuous pressure to complete tasks in a variety of work assignments with involuntary interruption. Work is detail oriented. Supervisory responsibilities generate some stress with some deadlines. Some assignments are outside in heat, cold, dirt and inclement weather. Some hazards involved in driving, handling small quantities of hazardous materials, and using material handling equipment. Workplace and equipment is in compliance with OSHA requirements.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Equipment provided for handling heavier products.