Student Support Aide - Davis Elementary
POSITION: PART-TIME STUDENT SUPPORT AIDE ~ DAVIS ELEMENTARY
(HOURS PER WEEK MAY VARY UP TO 19.5 HOURS, VOUCHER POSITION, NO BENEFITS)
APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
District Expectations for a Student Support Aide:
• Support a class environment favorable for learning and personal growth;
• Work cooperatively with all staff to insure a comfortable and pleasant working environment that will be conducive to learning and will encourage safety and good relationships;
• Relate positively with students, staff, parents, and community;
• Work with students on appropriate social skills;
• Assist with data collection, track behavior progress of targeted at-risk students;
• Check in with students weekly/daily as needed to assess their progress and check on behavior;
• Assist with recess and/or bus duty as needed;
• Computer skills;
• Other duties as assigned by school administrator.
• High School Diploma;
• Must hold Associate’s degree or have 48 semester hours of college credit OR must have passed or be willing to pass the ParaPro test within 30 days of hire.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following with your online application:
• Copies of college transcript(s) if available;?
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address candidate’s skills at working effectively with students, parents, and staff and community members.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Per District Teaching Assistant Salary Schedule
BEGINNING: As Soon As Possible