FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER COORDINATOR
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Superintendent or designee
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
SALARY: $16.00-$19.00 an hour
APPROVED ON: September 13, 2023
The Family Resource Center Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of Altar Valley Family Resource Center and to oversee the daily operations. The Family Resource Coordinator will implement and maintain the Family Resource Center processes and workflows, including client intake while adhering to early childhood best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and orient families to the Family Resource Centers available supports and services.
- Participate in coordination and delivery of quarterly family events.
- Maintain the Family Resource Center by preparing classroom activities and materials.
- Maintain a clean, functional, and appropriate facility for families to engage.
- Follow all applicable Standards of Practice as outlined by First Things First.
- Participate in data collection and entry, including participating in evaluation and analysis.
- Collect and submit sign-in sheets for childcare and classes.
- Distribute and collect family surveys to inform program improvement.
- Contribute to program reports as directed.
- Collaborate with staff from the United Way of Tucson to maintain and update the client management system.
- Maintain onsite files for documentation of requirements as needed.
- Represent the Family Resource Center program in the community.
- Collaborate with other agencies serving families with children ages 0-5 regularly.
- Create content for social media aligned with program promotion and brand.
- Must have flexibility on hours work.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and computer software programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to recruit, train and support a diverse range of people from the community.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to employ trouble-shooting, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students and the public.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to communicate with Spanish speaking families and to create materials in Spanish preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, early childhood development, early childhood education, family studies or related field preferred.
- IVP Fingerprint Card
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
Computer Proficiency: Demonstrate general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office Publications (Google, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 35 pounds.
Indoor office environment. This position regularly works indoors. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet to moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with students, staff, parents and the public.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.