Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Dave Vandeveegaete, Principal Granite Peaks Adult Education at (385)-646-4325 or email email@example.com
This position will take place at our GPLC location (501 E 3900 S). It is an hourly evening position without benefits. The work scheudle is Monday through Thursday 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The ability to speak Spanish and English is perferred. The starting wage is $21.38. Hours per week:28
|Job Title||Office Assistant|
|Salary Schedule||ESP (84)|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||January 2021|
The Adult Education Office Assistant is a versatile position supporting Adult Education programs. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Manage stuent data in Utopia, MyGED
- Create and complete registration materials
- Input student information and use database to create rolls, reports, and schedule classes
- Request student transcripts and keep accurate student files
- Work with the site coordinator to schedule rooms, print rolls, register students, and collect fees
- Answer phones and assist students and teachers
- Make appointments for coordinator and counselor
- Administer Placement and Post Tests to students as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Some college experience preferred
Required Prior Experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to accurately type 35 wpm
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and distractions while maintaining confidentiality
- Adept at learning new computer programs
Make decisions within guidelines. Handles routine daily problems. Refers difficult questions to a higher authority
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction of students, teachers, support personnel, parents, and administrators.
General office conditions. May be exposed to illness.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 20 lbs.