Job | Posted 11 days ago
Office Assistant II - Secondary
Non-contract, no benefits
Hourly rate: $15.67
Starting date: 9/25/2023
- Name: Wade Lott and Kathy Larsen
- Phone: 801-610-8146
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Office Assistant 2 is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical and technical administrative support to school site personnel;establishing and maintaining records; compiling and distributing materials and reports; communicating information to and responding to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Administers first aid and prescription medications to students (under the direction of a health care professional) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs within established guidelines.
- Assists with processing of documents, forms, mailings and materials (e.g. attendance, enrollments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Assists in developing master schedules for the purpose of ensuring student course and class size requirements are accurate.
- Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Collects payments for a variety of events (e.g. fines, fees, and fund raisers, etc.) for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds.
- Coordinates assigned projects and/or activities (e.g. proper distribution of materials to a variety of departments, arrangements for conferences, meetings, travel requirements, personnel to proctor all exit assessments, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely manner.
- Distributes materials (e.g. mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring delivery to addressee.
- Implements site processes and projects (e.g. discipline issues; subject area assignments;safe space for student; bus coordination; substitute teachers; college and career procedures; site projects, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the implementation of site activities and processes; and providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. System 400 and Power School, student transcripts, purchase orders, advisory lists, work orders, time sheets, expense reimbursement requests, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action (e.g. observing student behavior; collaborating with counselor, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports and other materials (e.g. special recognition awards, report cards, class schedules, letters, memorandums, minutes, charts, periodic and ad-hoc reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Processes a variety of documents and materials (e.g. schedule/class changes, student registrations, time sheets, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with established administrative guidelines.
- Researches assigned topics (e.g. student record discrepancies, current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for addressing department operations and ensuring accuracy of information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. parents, district staff, other schools, government agencies, general public, students, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Reviews release of student's to authorized parent and/or guardian for the purpose of ensuring safety of students upon release of student activities.
- Schedules activities (e.g. appointments for counselors and administrators, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Verifies student related data (e.g. grades, information, course-work, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of student records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.